Sunday, May 23, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

It seems like so many of our close friends are pregnant with their first or second baby right now! It is such an exciting time, and we are thrilled that Leighton will have lots of little playmates in the very near future! A few of my first time preggers friends have asked me what my 'must haves' are. I thought about it, and came up with my own list of my favorite items I absolutely cannot live without!

1. Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets-http://www.adenandanais.com/shop/swaddles.aspx
I am obsessed with these amazing muslin blankets. For anyone with a spring or summer baby, these rock! They are super soft and lightweight, unlike many of the flannel material receiving blankets at Babies R Us. They are also enormous, so you can get a good swaddle with them. So far New Baby Products in Atlanta is the only place I can find them... I seriously want to order every item on this website, the fabric is heavenly!


2. Serena and Lily Market Sling-I am in love with all things Serena and Lily! However the love I have doesn't justify the insane prices of most of their items:( They have great sales from time to time, so while I was pregnant I ordered one of their beautiful slings hoping it would come in handy. I am so glad I purchased it, because it is one of the only things that calms LG down when she has massive breakdowns and all else fails! I am pretty sure it reminds her of being in the womb... whatever it is, it works and I highly recommend it!


3. BOB Revolution Stroller-This is worth every single penny hands down! When I bought my little Audi sportscar last year, I was naive to the fact that I would become pregnant several months later :) So it was a battle finding a carseat, stroller, etc that would fit into my tiny little vehicle! The BOB is awesome because the wheels pop on and off, so I can toss it in and out of the car quickly without having to jam it in with the wheels attached. I started running again about a week ago, and this stroller is amazing. We also used it at the beach and it was super easy to maneuver on the sand.


4. Mylicon Gas Drops-Like TUMS for babies! Not much explanation needed, but it's our little 'magic serum' for calming her fussy tummy!

5. Lansinoh Lanolin Cream & Gel Pads-Again not much explanation needed, but I strongly advise every breastfeeding mama to purchase in bulk! It's one of the only ways I was able to physically tolerate those first few weeks.

6. Dr. Browns Baby Bottles-The hype is well deserved! These really do cut down on gas and tummy issues. I will be honest and say they are time consuming to clean with their many parts and tiny crevices, but I would obviously MUCH rather deal with that than the pain of colic or gas troubles.



7. Baby Einstein Around The World Bouncer-This is one of those things that was probably one of the least expensive items we bought, but is worth it's value in gold! LG LOVES this chair so much and can sit forever staring at the panda bear (we call Mr Panda her boyfriend). It also plays music, and has flashing lights on top that she loves to stare at.

8. Bath Luve-This is one of those genius inventions that had me scratching my head saying "Why didn't I think of that? I could be a millionaire!". It's basically a washcloth shaped to cover baby's body while in the bathtub. You submerge it in waster and drape over baby to keep them warm so the part of their body exposed to air doesn't get cold. As adults we know how annoying it is to have part of ourselves exposed to the cold air while taking a bubble bath... I wish they made them in adult sizes:)



9. Baby Bjorn-We love this infant carrier. Everyone is talking about 'baby wearing', and how great it is for bonding but it's also very convenient for me. I have started to take Leighton into stores in the carrier because it's so much easier than lugging around her 2 ton carseat! It is also very useful when she is having a meltdown and wants to be held because I can still cook dinner, fold laundry, answer email, etc while keeping her content.

10. Baby Legs!-Okay, so these aren't so much a necessity as a fashion statement! They are super cute and I just adore them! They are basically stylish little mini leg warmers for babies that make diaper changing a breeze. They come in hundreds of colors and designs, and I just love em'!

No comments:

Post a Comment