Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The First Six Weeks

As I sit here and write this entry, I am amazed that six weeks have flown by. Six weeks of joy, tears, overwhelming emotion, abounding love, and so many life lessons taught by a tiny 9 pound baby girl. The journey we have just begun has been so amazing, and I never in my life imagined that being a mother could be so fulfilling. I never knew...

That the first smile from our precious miracle could surpass the pride I have felt from any sales award or accomplishment received at work.

That seeing the first flashes of her unique personality would create so much excitement within me.

That celebrating my first Mother's Day could be as awesome and fun a milestone as my 30th birthday weekend (well, almost:)).

That hearing her cry in pain or frustration could inflict so much pain upon my own heart.

That the love of a child could make our marriage so much stronger, our bond and love for each other tenfold.

I haven't been good about updating this blog as I knew I wouldn't, but I do plan to be more diligent as I want Leighton to have all of these entries and pictures as a memoir someday.

I have included some pictures of our first few weeks. We have been a very active little family considering the short amount of time LG has been in this world! I tell everyone Leighton is my little sidekick and goes everywhere with her mommy:) I will say springtime has been a fabulous time to have a newborn. The beauty of the outdoors and amazing weather has been ideal for lifting those baby blues and creating a backdrop to take Leighton out for her first strolls and activities.

Some of the unique things we have discovered are her love of the outdoors (whenever she's cranky or crying, just take her outside and she cheers right up!), her love of reggae music, her fascination with bright colors and patterns, her love of water, as well as her inherent love of fashon; I think she spits up on herself mulitple times throughout the day just so she gets a wardrobe change! After all, what six week old wants to be seen in the same outfit for 6 hours straight? I think not!

I included a random assortment of pics from the past few weeks. Stay tuned for more updates on our parenthood saga:)

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, a home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for."













No comments:

Post a Comment