Monday, May 17, 2010

Mama's Day!

We went down to Destin for Mother's Day weekend, and spent some time with Meme and Grampy! Leighton loved her first beach experience. We didn't want her out in the sun during peak daylight hours, but we did take her down to the ocean at sunset and she loved hearing the waves crash. We also set up a little baby pool in the backyard next to the big pool, and she had a great time splashing around! I know that innately all babies kick and squirm when introduced to water, but I like to imagine she was working on perfecting her backstroke, and will one day be an olympic swimmer... or receive an Ivy League athletic scholarship perhaps??!! ;)

My first Mother's Day was wonderful, and I was suprised at how much emotion I felt that day. We went to Harry T's on the water for lunch, then Jason and I went down and relaxed on beach for a few hours while Meme and Grampy babysat. Here are some photos of our first vacation!





1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!! Can you believe next year you will be CHASING her all around the beach and pool?! She's such a pretty girl, and you are one of the cutest moms I've ever seen!!! I hate we missed yall at the beach! I thought I saw you one night at the Crab Trap, but I don't think it was you.

    ReplyDelete