Saturday, August 14, 2010

Interesting...

I ran across this article online, and found it very interesting, mainly because I can relate to this woman and I love her for writing this! I am happy being a working mom because I have a job I love, and am not forced to be away from you for extended periods of time. Nonetheless, I do feel guilt and wonder "Am I doing the right thing?". Society places judgement on everything, and women are unfortunately in a 'Damned if you do, damned if you don't" conundrum! I hope that changes by the time you are old enough to have a family. I want to set an example to you that you can have the best of both worlds... family and career. I do love my job, however I still want to be there for you and never short change you in any way. In the same breath, I know that my job will give you great opportunities and an amazing future, as well as socialization and independence. Of course I have those weepy days when I would love nothing more than to be with you all day and savor each of those small moments that fly by so quickly.... I know I am doing the right thing right now, although of course that could change down the road... Right now I cherish and enjoy every free moment I have with you, and I am a better mom as a working mom. I think that all of us, SAM moms and working moms struggle with these emotions everyday. I have had countless conversations with my girlfriends, both working and SAH, and we all face challenges and those guilty feelings from time to time. I hope that someday none of us ever have to feel any guilt for the decisions we make as women, and that we will all support each other for doing what is best for our families!

http://www.workitmom.com/bloggers/workingonmotherhood/?p=84

No comments:

Post a Comment