Saturday, December 5, 2009

Reflections...

Since it's the holidays and the end of another year, I always like to take some time to reflect on our blessings and memories. It's amazing how much life can change in 6 months time. I knew turning 30 was a huge milestone, but a baby on the way really made it a huge life transition. We are totally thrilled and overjoyed, don't get me wrong... However it has reminded me that God TRULY has a plan for our lives, and he's definitely in control at all times. "You want to see God laugh, tell him your plans" has become my favorite quote. I believe He knows what is best for us, and He has our lives mapped out from the day we are born. I can't imagine not having little Leighton in my belly, and can't really remember what life was like before she became a part of our family. She has already made me a better person, and has made our marriage stronger and more meaningful. I am so thankful for the gift that God has given us, and can't wait to meet her in less than 4 short months! I also think and pray alot about our friends and family who struggle with infertility and loss/illness of a child. It is so crazy that we go so many years trying to avoid becoming pregnant, yet now days it seems like so many can't get pregnant... I cannot imagine how frustrating and painful that must be. It breaks my heart to walk alongside those who are struggling and I can't even fathom how hard it is to be in their shoes. We continue to pray that God will bless all of those who are struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment